Sunday 6 January 2008

Let's get linked in


A year in passing, one of my resolutions in 2007 already given a sign of good progress [off course make me sattisfied].What is that? Creating & maintaining my profesional network.
What for?
Okay, wait ... wait, let me start with the main idea first:
Everyone tend to lose touch with his/her former colleague of the particular period, and I'm also :( . I lost contact with some colleagues of my previous company in the past three years [exTrane & exSiemens Mobile]. I tried to contact their email, the worst thing happened: their email addresses & also mobile phones also were unactived/changed anymore [might be they already jumped to another company] ... and finally ... lost of contact.

It's the main reason why I started to maintain my profesional networking since 2007. Fortunetelly, I've found http://www.linkedin.com/ offered what I was looking for :) yeah. Through linkedin.com, I can maintain my profesional network realtime by getting update from my colleagues such as their new position, ability to recomend each other [see example attached] also opportunity to learn from them by tracing their professional path until their last position and searching another colleague whom long time no see and contact.
By watching the demo/link below (Source: Linkedin.com ), will help you to get the basic idea how linkedin contribution to develop your personal career. What is LinkedIn? from LinkedIn Marketing on Vimeo.

So how about you? Have you been involved in maintaining your professional network online [realtime]? or just through conventional approaches?
if not ...
It's NOT too LATE to START.
-Have a nice weekend!-
p.s.: for the last update from linkedin.com pls click http://blog.linkedin.com/